torsdag 10 september 2015

A well deserved update.

I guess I will have to start by saying that this counts as a re-start of this blog. It never really even got a chance to start in the first place, as I only published one post. I could come up with a lot of excuses for why my blog never fully got to live, but they would all be excuses. But now I thought I might give it a try again. My life is soon changing again, like it did 6 months ago when I got my first job here in the Netherlands, so why not bring this blog into my new life-chapter?

In this post I might as well give you all a bit of an update:
I have now lived in the Netherlands for 9 months, and I am still feeling very new to the country in some ways, and in other ones I feel very much at home. I have spent 6 of these past months working, in a city called Enschede that is about 1 hour away by car or train from where I live. Although this work-experience has been good in a lot of ways, and I have met a lot of wonderful people, I am glad that I am ending my contract in 2 weeks and moving on to something new.

The summer here in the Netherlands was under all critique, but that goes for the whole of northern Europe this year. I have visited NL other years in the summer and enjoyed it a lot, but this year it never fully bloomed.

I went to Sweden for 10 days in the beginning of August to catch up with friends and family and luckily the weather was quite nice that one week. We also had one or two ok weeks in June.

In June we celebrated Swedish Midsummer in the park, all our dutch friends got to experience a little bit of Swedish culture and we had a lot of fun. In the end of August I went with a few friends on a camping-trip over the weekend to the north of the country, Groningen. We were right by the ocean, and although it was nothing compared to the Swedish white beaches, we still enjoyed our time there a lot.

A lot more has of course happened during all these months that have passed, but mainly I have been working and living, time flew by. But hopefully you will soon be able to follow my life a bit more as I will publish more posts (yes I will, I promise this time!)

Until next time!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar